Monday, August 8, 2011

Guest Sweet: Happy Birthday, Mariah!

Recently, one of my very best friends was able to drive out and visit with me for an entire week! Becky and I had a wonderful time, and one of the things we wanted to do together was decorate a cake. Becky wanted to make a cake for her niece's birthday party, but that was more than a week away (not to mention more than 10 hours away in another state). So, we decided to make fondant decorations for Becky to use on the cake she would bake later.

We made homemade fondant and then made the loops for the bow and the tag. After packing the dried decorations in a box with a TON of padding, we kept our fingers crossed that the decorations would survive the long car trip and the heat wave. Luckily, all but one piece survived, and Becky did an awesome job decorating the cake!





I LOVE the colors Becky chose and the different sizes of dots! I also like the detail she added of using a fondant "string" to "tie" the tag to the cake. I think this cake turned out so cute, and now I need to find an excuse to make one!

STATS:

Rhonda's Ultimate Marshmallow Fondant
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/3183/rhondas-ultimate-mmf

No comments:

Post a Comment