Friday, June 19, 2015

Pretty in Blue Cookies

My good friend Martilda is expecting her sweet baby boy next month. Of course we needed blue cookies for her baby shower! Blue is also Martilda's favorite color!


For the large cookie, I used a small salad plate as a guide to cut out a big circle of dough. I only added a couple of minutes to the baking time. The night before the baby shower, I used glacé icing to flood the cookie with white. The next day, once the icing was set, I used royal icing to pipe the words and to make the brush embroidery flowers. 

I love the bright white of the royal icing against the soft white of the glacé icing.


The polka dot cookies were decorated using the wet on wet technique with glacé icing.


I decorated these cookies with tiny roses using a similar technique. I love using glacé icing for cookies because it sets well, but doesn't get rock hard like royal icing.


Congratulations, Martilda! I can't wait to meet your sweet new baby!

STATS:

No Fail Sugar Cookies

Chocolate Roll-Out Cookies

Glacé Icing

Royal Icing

Brush Embroidery Tutorial Video

"Wet on Wet" Tutorial Video

Sweet Ambs Tiny Flowers Tutorial Video






No comments:

Post a Comment