Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mini Circus Cake

Here is another 4" mini cake I made for the auction.

The flag pole is a long lollipop stick. (The kind you would use for making cake pops.) I used food coloring mixed with a little vanilla extract to paint the triangles on the bottom. I didn't have frosted animal cookies on hand, but we did have some plain animal crackers in the cupboard. So, I added my own frosting and sprinkles - which brings me to...

Lots and LOTS of sprinkles!



I mixed up a little powdered sugar and water to make a glaze. I brushed the glaze on top of the cake and then added the sprinkles. I tried all kinds of things to keep from making a mess, but no matter what I did, I couldn't prevent hundreds of those tiny colorful balls from bouncing around my kitchen floor. But, I think this fun and bright little cake made it all worth while.

Happy Caking!

STATS:

Rhonda's Ultimate Marshmallow Fondant
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/3183/rhondas-ultimate-mmf


No comments:

Post a Comment