Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday, Addie!

This cake was for a sweet girl turning eight years old. A child's 8th birthday is special in our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) because that is when he or she can choose to be baptized. She wanted the cake to be purple and sparkly.

The tiara is made from royal icing piped onto an oatmeal container. Here is a link to a great tutorial if you want to give it a go:



Here is a free pattern for a tiara I found online. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/40748 It is the same pattern I used, except I replaced the top section with a CTR shield (a symbol in our church that stands for "Choose the Right").

The cake is covered in homemade fondant and decorated with royal icing. Here it is before the tiara.


I was really worried that the fragile tiara would break on the drive to deliver the cake. So, I quickly made some fondant flowers to bring along as a backup.


Luckily, the tiara arrived safely, and I only had to reattach a sugar pearl that fell off.

The finished cake!


Happy birthday, Addie!

No comments:

Post a Comment