Thursday, December 1, 2016

Light the World Bulletin Board



We wanted to find a way for members of our ward (congregation) to share some of their acts of service. We came up with a bulletin board, where anyone (any age) can write their act of service on a silver star and tape it up. These will be anonymous, and I think it will be so neat to read what others are doing to light the world this Christmas season.

It's kind of hard to see, but in the bottom left corner is a sign that says, "Share the light you have shared or received." We tacked two small cardboard boxes underneath the sign.

Box 1: holds a stack of blank silver stars and tape
Box 2: holds fine-line permanent markers

It will be fun to watch the board fill up with stars all month long! I'm excited to see how full it is by Christmas!


Covering the bulletin board ended up being a much bigger project than I anticipated. Mostly because none of the letters, the manger scene, nor the hundreds of silver stars we needed were pre-cut. We drew them on poster board, then cut them out with scissors. I am so grateful to the missionaries and Trish for being good sports and helping me set everything up last night.


Sister Withers, Elder Gifford, Trish, Bishop Dotson, Elder Mitchell, Sister Young, and my little helper. :)


These people are seriously awesome, and I'm so grateful to have them in my life. They truly let their light shine!


Sister Withers, Sister Young, Trish, Elder Gifford, and Elder Mitchell



I'm also very grateful for my good friend Martilda, who went shopping with me and helped me pick out decorations for the board. She knows shopping is not my favorite thing, and I was so grateful to have her with me. She also has a great decorator's eye, and put together some beautiful colors and decorations.


Martilda and Me



No comments:

Post a Comment