Monday, January 28, 2013

Valentine Cookie Favors

I don't know who first came up with idea of putting a cookie in a cd sleeve, but I love it. I think it's brilliant! I love that the packaging is cheap and even comes with its own little window, perfectly shaped for a round cookie. These would be great to send to school for Valentine's Day. 


For this cookie, I followed Martha Stewart's recipe for cowboy cookies. The only change I made is that I used a 1/4 cup of cookie dough for each cookie instead of a tablespoon. I was able to fit 6 cookies to a cookie sheet. Then, I covered the cookie dough balls with as many pink and red M&M's as possible. Pack them in tightly because they will spread apart as the cookies bake.


The cookies will spread to about 4" in diameter. That seemed to be just the right size to fit into the cd sleeve without sliding around. I wrapped each cookie in plastic wrap before placing them into the cd sleeves.


This was a fun project! It would be fun to let the kids help with the baking, and then let them decorate the cd  sleeves however they like with markers and Valentine stickers. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

STATS:

Martha Stewart's Cowboy Cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment