My dad is a pilot, so for his birthday I tried to make some cake pops that looked like the Red Baron.
Here's what I did:
1. Dip the whole cake pop in white candy melts for the face. Let dry.
2. Roll the back half of the cake pop in melted chocolate for the ear flaps of the helmet.
3. Dip the top of the cake pop in chocolate for the top of the helmet.
4. Attach brown M&M's for the goggles.
5. Attach small circles of white fondant to the M&M's for eyes.
6. Pipe black royal icing for the pupils and mouth.
7. Use red modeling chocolate for the scarf.
Basic Cake Pop tutorial by Bakerella
Rhonda's Ultimate Marshmallow Fondant
Melt 10 ounces of candy melts (or any kind of chocolate) in a microwave or in a double boiler. Stir in 1/3 of a cup of light corn syrup. Stir for a couple of minutes until well combined. Spread on waxed paper and allow to cool at room temperature for 2 hours. When cool, break large chunks off and knead until soft. Store in the refrigerator in a ziplock bag for up to a month. Break off small pieces and knead when you are ready to make something with your modeling chocolate. Return to refrigerator for 10-15 minutes if it starts to get too warm and sticky from the heat of your hands.