Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Flower Cookies

I decided to try my hand at making some Duff (the guy from Ace of Cakes) roses out of fondant. They were pretty simple to make, but some definitely turned out better than others...as you can see.



The last one is my favorite. Here's a link to a good tutorial if you want to try it out. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1149096

Instead of rolling out the fondant and cutting out small circles, I chose to roll balls of fondant and flatten them out with my fingers to make the circles. I think that's why my petals ended up a little thick.



Overall, I think they turned out really cute. I used Peggy Weaver's marshmallow fondant recipe for the fondant. The icing is Toba Garrett's recipe that I thinned down a little by adding more milk. The cookies are strawberry cake mix cookies.

Peggy Weaver's Marshmallow Fondant
Toba Garrett's Glace Icing
Cake Mix Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment