Thursday, September 15, 2016

Whitney and Joey's Wedding Truffles




Last August, I got to attend my beautiful sister's wedding in the Palmyra Temple.
I am so happy for Whitney and Joey, and grateful to have a new awesome brother-in-law!
They are so great together!

It started raining while they were having photos taken outside after their wedding…
But, those two wouldn't let a little rain spoil their special day!
They are the cutest couple and so happy!

I can't help thinking of a certain musical every time I see these photos.
Can you guess which one?
These lyrics might give you a hint...

The sun's in my heart...


...and I'm ready for love.


Did you guess it?

It's...

Singin' in the Rain!



Now that you've got that song stuck in your head, let's talk cake!

Whitney asked me to make their wedding cake, and her one request was that she wanted it filled with chocolate chip cookie dough filling. Unfortunately, there was no way I could transfer a wedding cake from two states away in the heat of the summer, so we decided I would make truffles instead.

Their last name begins with a "W," so I decorated the truffles with "W" drizzles.
...and tiny hearts. :o)

The white truffles were filled with a peanut butter Buckeye filling.
You might want to warn people beforehand that these things are addictive,
and they also come with a little kick...No, it isn't alcohol. :o)
The "kick" is cayenne pepper, and it's amazing. Trust me.



These chocolate ones are filled with the eggless chocolate chip cookie dough.
I will link to the recipe at the bottom. It's great as a cake filling, but if you want to be able to roll the dough into balls for dipping, you will need to eliminate the frosting base.



Congratulations, Whitney and Joey! And Happy 1st Anniversary!


STATS: 

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filling

Peanut Butter Buckeyes - with a kick!
(The cayenne is listed as an ingredient at the bottom, under "Variation."

No comments:

Post a Comment